Following on from our hugely successful 50 word flash fiction competition in January, we’ve decided to continue the theme for World Poetry Day! All in aid of helping us celebrate our 50th anniversary, join us on social media today for an inspiring photographic prompt, and then get involved by submitting a 50 word poem.
You might recognise the photographic stylings of today’s prompt as the talents of award-winning photographer Emma Williams, who spent a day looking through her lens at our Milton Keynes campus. Today’s image makes use of the famous Walton Hall as the backdrop. Photography-lovers might be interested to find out more about Emma’s free-lensing technique – she’s part of a collective who curate the best of their images here.
You might relish the opportunity to flex your poetic muscles today just for the sake of it, but as an added incentive we’re offering a prize for our favourite poem! We’re offering one lucky author an Insta360 Nano panoramic camera, which turns your iPhone* into a 360 VR camera offering endless opportunities to get creative with your photos and videos.
How to Enter:
Here’s your four-step guide to getting involved…
- Check out our social feeds on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram for the poetic prompt scheduled for 8am GMT
- Write a piece of poetry with a maximum of 50 words
- Publish your story as a comment on the post
- You’re done! Sit back, read the other poems, give them some love, and enjoy World Poetry Day 2019!
Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is open all
- Participants are free to enter multiple times
- No purchase is necessary. The competition will be open on 21/03/19 only. Any entries outside of the Promotion Period will not be counted
- The winner will be chosen by panel
- The decision of the panel in relation to the competition is final. No correspondence will be entered into
- The prize is not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative
- All prize winners will be contacted via social media
- Winners must respond to notification of their prize within 48 hours otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize(s)
- Winners will be announced on 25/03/19
- The Insta360 Nano is a ‘made for iPhone’ product. It works on iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will be removed
- By entering participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the promotion
- The Promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date
- These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts
- Promoter and Data Controller: The Open University