We’ll be celebrating the fantastic achievements of some of our new OU graduates during six virtual degree ceremonies on Friday 22nd October (at 11am, 2pm, 4pm) and Friday 29th October (at 11am, 2pm, 4pm).
Here’s how you can get involved with the #OUfamily celebrations during the ceremonies…
1) Watch the ceremonies LIVE
2) Share your pride
Whether you’re a relieved graduate, a proud best friend, or part of the OU family – make sure you download one of our ‘Proud’ cards, share them on your social media channels and tell us why you’re proud. You can find all the different cards to download here.
From the OU in Scotland? Use this version.
From the OU in Wales? Use this version.
From the OU in Ireland? Use this version.
As well as downloading, why not print or display them for your own at-home graduation? Make sure you use the #OUfamily tag so we can see!
3) Share your story
If you’re an OU graduate, then we want to hear all about your OU stories – what made you study with us, what kept you motivated to study and what are you up to now that you’ve finished?
Share your OU study story on your social media page, make sure to tag us (using @OpenUniversity @OUScotland @OUBelfast @OUIreland or @OUCymru) and use #OUfamily too! Or you can email us at OUfirstname.lastname@example.org to chat to one of our stories team.
4) Enter one of our competitions
On Friday 22nd October and Friday 29th October we’ll be running competitions across OU social media channels for our #OUfamily, and there’s two amazing swag boxes full of OU graduate treats up for grabs – including your very own graduation scroll keepsake.
Make sure you follow the #OUfamily hashtag and check our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels to be in with a chance of winning one of these prize boxes. You can read the full terms and conditions below.
5) Give a shout-out to your supporters
At the start of every ceremony we like to take a moment to give a huge round of applause to your family, friends and supporters. We can’t do that in person this year, so we’re asking our OU family to share their messages of appreciation on social media. If there’s someone you’d like to give a shout-out to for all the support they’ve given you throughout your studies, then just share your message on your social media channels and tag us in (@OpenUniversity).
Find out more:
Terms and conditions:
- This competition is open to all
- Participants are free to enter multiple times
- A winner will be chosen by the Social Media Engagement Team
- The decision of the Social Media Engagement Team in relation to the competition is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prize products subject to availability.
- All prize winners will be contacted via social media.
- Winners must respond to notification of their prize within 48 hours otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize(s).
- All winners will be announced by 26/11/21
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will be removed.
- By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
- These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Promoter and Data Controller: The Open University