The OU Business School’s top students and alumni were celebrated at a special ceremony for the School’s annual award ceremony, held in Milton Keynes on Wednesday 21 June 2016. The awards celebrate the Business School’s highest achieving students, and the alumni who have made an outstanding contribution to an organisation or to society. Among this year’s winners were a procurement manager, a global operations executive, a voluntary charity worker and a director.
A mark of commitment, dedication and unrivalled determination
With over 19,000 students per year, in over 80 countries across the world, the award winners are the highest achievers in their qualification, recognised for their academic excellence, alongside their commitment, dedication and unrivalled determination. Winners were congratulated by Professor Rebecca Taylor, Executive Dean of The Open University Business School. Professor Taylor said:
All of the winners have an exceptional story to tell about their life-changing learning experience and we are incredibly proud, as a Business School, to recognise their achievements and to celebrate the success of our vibrant and growing student and alumni communities. I wish all the winners my warmest congratulations on their achievements and every success for their future endeavours.
This year’s student winners:
- MBA Student of the Year – Barry Edwards
- BA (Honours) in Business Studies – Jacqueline Coleman
- BA (Honours) in Leadership & Management – Edwin Bainbridge
- Professional Certificate in Management – Luke Lenton
- Professional Certificate in Accounting – Joanna Page
- OUBS Alumni of the Year Award – Dr Michelle Gardner
- Highly Commended – Katharina Schubert
- Highly Commended – Natallia Dean
- Highly Commended – Paul Heardman
- Highly Commended – Dan Egorov
- Highly Commended – Dmitriy Ponkratov
The Open University Business School Student and Alumni Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements of the School’s high calibre students and alumni annually. The awards are held to recognise some of the highest achieving students from the past academic year, and to commend the alumni for their outstanding contribution to an organisation or to society, as voted for by fellow alumni.
To find out more about the awards and this years winners please visit: http://business-school.open.ac.uk/alumni/community-network/awards